Monday, April 7, 2008

Walking with a Ghost

If you would be so kind, I would like to ask you a question. It’s understandable if you don’t feel comfortable. It’s alright if you’re scared. If you’ll just step outside I can explain everything. There, see? No pain or displeasure. Do you remember the sun Jeremy? Do you think of your family? There will be plenty of time to answer your questions. For now I need you to listen. I have something important to tell you.

I’ve seen you pacing past the windows of your house. I know you are sad because they don’t come to visit. I know it confuses you. It’s not important how I know. What you must understand Jeremy is that I am sorry. So very sorry.

Why…

Oh Jeremy, how can I tell you? How can I say it?

Yes…yes Jeremy. You’re dead.


1 comment:

Emily: said...

Hmm, I like this one. I will spend the next while considering how he died... poor Jeremy.