Saturday, January 12, 2008

Glorious

In an Autumn dream our eyes scanned a dizzy sky. Lying on the grass' back my heart began to itch. So, sleepy in my dream I touched you and told you all my truth. There you and I stood reading each others notebooks in wonder. At the moment of recognition, when I knew you finally understood, that was when I lost you. Like mist around a smoky mountain I mislead you in purity and confused you with Nature's gift to life. Panicked I awoke and reaching found you missing. So I lay my hands to strings to call you back to me. Rising up with the heat of the earth my songs calls out to you. Stand near your window , listen for my whisper for I fear to speak too loudly. Wait for me, I'm coming on the chorus. There I'll meet you with a promise I have no right to make.

1 comment:

Emily: said...

I remember when you wrote this--it's one of my favorites from your book.

(next to the one about the vegetable from the salad pleading for it's life--ha.ha.)